FET Certificate: Project Management
- SAQA ID: 50080 NQF L 4 worth 136 Credits.
- Duration: 12 Months
- This course is accredited by the Services Seta.
The FET Certificate in Project Management qualification at NQF Level 4 is designed for learners want to work in or with project management teams or use a project approach to their business. The projects may be technical, business, government or community development projects and will cut across a range of economic sectors. This qualification is also of value to learners running their own business, as project management is an integral component of any business system.
The programme will provide learners with knowledge and skills to use and apply the key project management principles, tools and techniques to be able to fulfil the following with confidence:
- be an effective project team member · provide administrative support to a project manager and team members · provide assistance to a project manager of medium to large project · apply the skills in the running of own business more effectively CAREER FIELDS The learners who complete the qualification could pursue a career as a: · Project Administrator · Leader of a small project/sub-project · Small business owner
Introduction to Project Management
· What is a Project? · Project Management vs. General Management. · Types of Projects · Management-by-Projects · Project Management Process · Project Lifecycle · Role of the Project Manager · Project Management Environment · Project Management Software · Project Management Techniques · PERT · Project Organisation Structures · Project Management Triangle · Feasibility Study · Project stakeholders: roles, needs & expectations, · Project constraints, options and alternatives · Summary Documentation · Cost-benefit Analysis
· Concepts of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) · Using the Computer & Managing Files · Word Processing · Spreadsheets · Using Databases · Presentation · Web Browsing and Communication (Internet & email: Outlook)
Project Management Tools, Techniques & Costing
· Project Scope statement · Cost types · Cost budget formats · Controlling cost budgets · Project Management Tools and Techniques · Practical application of tools & techniques · MS Project
Supervise a Project Team
· What is a team? · The purpose of teams. · Stages of team development. · Team Members: characteristics, roles, communication · Managing team performance. · Conflict Resolution. · Team dynamics: personal, ethical, religious & cultural differences. · Managing Team activities: plan, organise, lead, delegate, monitor performance. · Benefits of monitoring progress.
|Project Management Scheduling
· What is change control? · Project change control: processes & standards, templates used, record-keeping procedures. · Maintaining a project library. · Communication procedures to different affected stakeholders on poses. · Managing proposed and/or actual changes. · Classification & gathering of different project info. · Drafting an activity schedule. · Maintenance of a project skills register. · Gantt Charts · WBS (Work Breakdown Structures). · Developing a Project Schedule. · Project Schedule Control Process. · Monitor work performance & deviations from baseline.
Project Management Documentation & Meetings
· Paper based and electronic filing systems. · Standardised processes for document: back-up, archive · Project Documentation Management processes. · Scope of Project Meetings and/or workshops. · Planning Project meetings and/or workshops. · Project Meeting Support
Project Management Quality Assurance
· Management of Project Risk. · Risk Management Factors. · Risk Management Statements and/or Plans · Quality Control: purpose, processes. · Developing Quality Standards. · Project Quality Plan: practices, steps for project quality outcomes testing, using a test plan. · Managing Project Quality.
· English 1st language – Level 4 · South African 2nd language (or alternative prescribed electives from the same qualification for foreign language learners less than 5 years in South Africa) – Level 3 · Mathematical literacy – Level 4
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of the English language at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Mathematical Literacy at NQF 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of a South African 2nd language at NQF 2/Grade 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge, comprehension and application of Computer Literacy at NQF Level 3/Grade 11 or equivalent
- Admission may be subject to an interview with an academic staff member.