FET Certificate: New Venture Creation Level 4
- SAQA ID: 66249 NQF L 4 worth 149 Credits.
- Duration: 12 Months
- This course is accredited by the Services Seta.
Purpose of the Programme: This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business. The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
Exit Level Outcomes: On completion of this programme learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy.
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management.
Compulsory Modules Module
- Entrepreneurship Module
- Business Planning Module
- Business Finance Module
- Business Development Module
- Business Management Module
- Negotiation Skills Module
- Human Resource Legislation Elective Modules Module
- Team Building Module
- Computer Skills Module
- Effective Tenderer
Starting a business
The learner needs to start an informal business venture within 3-6 months of the learnership commencement. There must be some form of a product or service to be promoted including evidence of a business transaction taking place. This does not necessarily have to be a well established registered business with a high turnover.
Learning Assumed to be in Place
- Communication at NQF Level 3.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 3
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
This qualification can be achieved wholly or in part through Recognition of Prior Learning in terms of the defined exit level outcomes and/or individual unit standards.
Who Should Attend?
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture.
This qualification meets the needs of society by, primarily, providing persons who are able to apply the fairly complex knowledge and skills required to be an entrepreneur and thus contribute to the economic upliftment of themselves, their community and thereby the nation as a whole.
Final Summative Assessment
A Final Summative Assessment (FSA) is the final written test. Because of the NQF level of this qualification, this test is a requirement. The test requires submission of an assignment as well as a formal presentation. It is written at the end, within the 12 months of the learnership period. It is this assessment and the formative assessment (Portfolio of Evidence) that culminates into the final result in order to determine successful completion of the learnership.