Successfully managing a project requires effective planning and adherence to the industry’s best practices in every step of the process. By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better prepared to initiate a project in your organization and position it for success. In this course, you will identify effective project management practices and their related processes.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals whose primary job is not project management, but who manage projects on an informal basis. Also, anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can benefit from this course.
In this course, you will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices to successfully manage projects. You will:
- Identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Plan for time and cost.
- Plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
- Execute, manage, and control a project.
- Close a project.Course Outline1 – Getting Started with Project Management
- Identify the Characteristics of a Project
- Identify the Project Management Life Cycle
- Identify the Role of a Project Manager
- Determine the Scope of a Project
- Identify the Skills for a Project Team
- Identify the Risks to a Project
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Sequence the Activities
- Create a Project Schedule
- Determine Project Costs
- Analyze the Risks to a Project
- Create a Communication Plan
- Plan for Change Control
- Begin Project Work
- Execute the Project Plan
- Track Project Progress
- Report Performance
- Implement Change Control
- Close a Project
- Create a Final Report