SAQA ID: 58781
NQF: Level 2
Duration: 12 Months
This course is accredited: MERSETA – Manufacturing, Engineering and Related Services Education
and Training Authority
The combination of learning outcomes that comprise this qualification will provide the qualifying
learner with vocational knowledge and skills appropriate to the context of production technology.
The qualifying learner will be able to:
Communicate production and manufacturing related operational information to a variety of end
Optimise organisational structures, functions and processes in order to contribute to achieving
Maintain a safe and healthy work environment through contributions made to production
activities individually and in working groups
Demonstrate an understanding of production technology practices, terminology and systems as
applied in manufacturing, engineering and technology
Apply quality standards and procedures in production activities
Who must do this Qualification?
This qualification provides learners with the range of learning and skills required to be able to
perform a series of activities to support manufacturing, engineering and technology processes.
Learners will acquire a range of skills in the identification of production parameters in
manufacturing, engineering and technology industries and basic strategies to achieve them.
- Frame and implement an individual action plan to improve productivity within an organisational
- Identify and describe inputs, outputs, stages and quality indicators of the manufacturing,
assembly or engineering process
- Apply health and safety to a work area
- Identify potential hazards and critical safety issues in the workplace
- Supply raw and processed material to production line