National Certificate: Generic Management
- SAQA ID: 59201 NQF L 5 worth 162 Credits.
- Duration: 12 Months
- This course is accredited by the Services Seta.
Purpose of the Qualification: This qualification addresses each of these domains with generic competencies, so that it allows learning programmes to be contextualised for specific sectors and industries.
This leads to the strengthening of management competencies and will enable managers at this level to manage systems, processes, resources, managers and teams in their various occupations and contexts.
WHO SHOULD DO THIS COURSE?
The focus of this qualification is enabling learners to develop competence in a range of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values, including:
- initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating operational strategies, projects and action plans
- monitoring and measuring performance and applying continuous or innovative improvement interventions
- leading a team of first-line managers, by capitalising on the talents of team members and promoting synergistic interaction between individuals and teams
- building relationships using communication processes both vertically and horizontally within the unit, with superiors and with stakeholders across the value chain
- applying the principles of risk, financial and knowledge management, and business ethics within internal and external regulatory frameworks
- enhancing the development of teams and team members through facilitating the acquisition of skills, coaching, providing career direction, and capitalising on diversity in the unit.
The National Certificate in Generic Management consists of nine modules and a Final Integrated Summative Assessment:
- Business Strategy
- Building High-Performance Teams
- Customer Delight
- Financial Management
- Managing Performance
- Process Management and Innovation
- Working with people (HR)
- Business Ethics and Risk
- Elective Learning
- Grade 12 (or equivalent).