This course is accredited by the ETDP Seta and material covers unit standards 115759 at NQF level 6 worth 10 credits.
This is an in-depth course for hard working candidate wanting to enter the unparalleled excitement of working in a professional industry of trainers and educators. Our extensive course will provide you with all the necessary skills and training for a successful career in Assessments as a Moderator. The candidate’s portfolio of evidence is compiled on the last day of training.
Upon completion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of self-awareness for holistic development
- Demonstrate understanding of moderation within the context of an outcomes-based assessment system
- Plan and prepare for moderation
- Conduct moderation
- Advise and support assessors
- Report, record and administer moderation, and
- Review moderation systems and processes
This course is designed to prepare you for a variety of challenges to be faced when dealing with learners in a school or the workplace environment. Knowing how to handle difficult situations objectively, and with tact, is as important as being knowledgeable about the training and development of workplace skills. You will be able to submit your Portfolio of Evidence on the fourth day.
- The Purpose of Moderation in assuring quality assessments
- The Principles and methods of Moderation
- Review Moderation Systems and procedures
- Co-Operative / OBE Learning
- Plan & prepare for Moderation including assessment instruments
- Recording and writing a Moderation report
- Develop and support the assessors