IT Certificate: Systems Development
- SAQA ID: 78965 NQF L 4 worth 165 Credits.
- Duration: 12 Months
- This course is accredited by the MICT Seta.
Why study IT Systems Development NQF Level 4?
Systems developers are required to create, maintain, audit and improve the IT systems within an organisation. A system developers function can extend to include database management, web programming, multimedia and writing code and more.
The work of an IT systems developer is one that requires a strong technical component and a desire to keep learning. The world of information technology is constantly changing as the world moves rapidly into the digital age.
Who should study this course?
This qualification is for anyone interested in computer programming, website development, ecommerce and wants to be employed in the ICT sector. The careers that the IT Systems Development NQF level 4 qualification will prepare learners for include:
- System Analyst
- System Designer
- System Developer
- System Administrator
- Computer Programmer
- System Analyst
- Web Development & Design
By completing the IT Systems Developer NQF Level 4 qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with fellow IT staff & users of information systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of different types of computer systems and the use of computer technology in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of problem solving techniques, and how to apply them in a technical environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Technology Principles.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Computer Programming Principles.
- Work effectively as a team member within a development project environment.
- Carry out, under supervision, a small size task to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge, techniques & skills needed to understand the fundamentals of Computer Programming.
- Module 1. Introduction to computer systems and technology
- Module 2. Computer architecture, networking and data storage systems
- Module 3. Introduction to computer programming
- Module 4. Principles of internet-based software development
- Module 5. Information systems analysis
- Module 6. Resolving customer complaints
- Module 7. Testing IT systems
- Module 8. Business communication
- Module 9. Mathematics