- Duration: 2 days
The purpose of this training is to provide the delegate with enough information on B-BBEE to understand the potential effects of B-BBEE on the economy in general and how the Financial related elements of the B-BBEE scorecard will affect their business specifically. The Intermediate Course is specifically designed to provide comprehensive training on the specific B-BBEE elements and the theoretical scenario testing thereof.
- To present the guidelines to understand the Preferential Procurement Sub-element, Enterprise Development Sub-element, Supplier Development Sub-element and Socio-economic Development Element of the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
- Training on how to apply the relevant calculations of the Preferential Procurement Sub-scorecard, Enterprise Development Sub-scorecard, Supplier Development Sub-scorecard and Socio-economic Development
- Theoretical scenario testing to understand the application of the guidelines and applicable calculation relating to applicable elements.
- To answer any questions posed by the delegates.
- Two day interactive presentation facilitated by a BEE Academy Facilitator including the following:
a. General Key Principles aligned to the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice:
- Basic understanding of the B-BBEE Verification Cycle and the significance of the relevant B-BBEE initiatives aligned to the cycle.
- How to determine the B-BBEE Recognition Level for a Large Enterprise, Qualifying Small Enterprise and Exempt Micro Enterprise.
- Understanding of the Priority Elements and the impact of the Discounting Principle.
b. An In-depth understanding of the Preferential Procurement Sub-element in the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
- The Preferential Procurement theoretical understanding includes:
- What constitutes as Recognised Supplier Expenditure
- What constitutes as a valid B-BBEE Certificate or Affidavit
- Understanding how to calculate the Total Measured Procurement Spend
- Understanding the importance of Import Substitution Plan
- Understanding Empowering Supplier criteria
- What is defined as a Black Owned and Black Woman Owned supplier status and the impact of the Net Value calculation aligned to these status.
- The Preferential Procurement theoretical scenario testing includes:
- Calculate Recognised Supplier Expenditure
- Calculate the Total Measured Procurement Spend
c. An In-depth understanding of the Enterprise Development & Supplier Development Sub-elements and Socio-economic Development Element in the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice.
- The Enterprise Development, Supplier Development and Socio-economic Development theoretical understanding includes:
- Qualifying Beneficiary criteria
- Recognisable contribution
- Impact of the Benefit Factor Matrix
- Impact of the Industry Norm in calculated each element’s target
- The Enterprise Development, Supplier Development and Socio-economic Development theoretical scenario testing includes:
- Classify applicable Beneficiary
- Identify applicable contribution type and benefit factor
- Testing the Industry Norm to determine the applicable target
d. Identify the interpretational issues in the B-BBEE industry.
e. Understanding of the required documentation to support each element claim.
- Learning Material Pack which consist of the basic principles of the Amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice, general explanation and basic calculations.
- PDF PowerPoint Presentation of the Workshop.
- Attendance Certificate of the Intermediate Course.